top of page

I’ve been suffering from elbow pain that bothers me most when I am wringing water out of my twist-mop. I thought it might be tennis elbow, but the pain isn’t on the outside of my elbow—it’s on the inside. What do you think it might be, and what can I do to relieve the discomfort?

You are correct that tennis elbow tends to affect the outside of the elbow. What you are describing sounds like a similar condition known as golfer’s elbow. Both conditions result from inflammation of the tendons: fibrous bands of tissue that attach your muscles to your bones. In golfer’s elbow, it’s the tendons on the inside of the elbow that are affected. You may be able to relieve the pain by applying ice packs to the area, engaging in gentle stretching exercises, and taking acetaminophen (Tylenol®). If these measures don’t help, your doctor may refer you to a physical therapist. Avoid using your twist mop, since grip-twist motions are a major cause of golfer’s elbow.

For more info like this, subscribe to the newsletter at


bottom of page